Public Speaking Materials
Online Subscription, 12-month access
Access to a complete online package that includes everything you need.
- Thinkwell's video lectures cover the comprehensive scope and sequence of topics related to speaking in public.
- Our automatically graded exercises with immediate feedback allow you to quickly determine which areas you'll need to spend extra time studying.
- Concise, illustrated review notes help you distill the fundamental ideas, concepts, and formulas you'll need to know.
- Subscriptions start when you are ready. Buy now and activate your course anytime you like. Wait up to one year to activate your subscription; your 12-month subscription doesn't begin until you say so!
Convenient printed version of our notes, applications, and notable speeches that you can study when away from your computer.
CD Set Video Lectures on CD-ROM
This optional CD-ROM set delivers the exact same video lectures delivered online, but without an internet connection. Online Subscription is required; CDs not sold separately. The CDs only contain the videos.
Public Speaking Details
Thinkwell's Public Speaking includes:
- Equivalent to 11th- or 12th-grade Public Speaking
- More than 140 video lessons ()
- 1000+ automatically graded problems with immediate feedback allow you to track your progress
- Printable illustrated notes for each topic
- Closed captioning for all videos
- Searchable glossary of more than 150 public-speaking terms
- Engaging content to help students improve their public speaking skills:
- Benefits, history, and theory of communication
- Ethical speaking practices
- Overcoming speaker anxiety
- Speaking inclusively
- Audience analysis
- Selecting, developing, and researching a topic
- Organizing and outlining a speech
- Effective speech delivery
- Using visual aids
- Principles of informative and persuasive speeches
- Notable speeches from figures such as John F. Kennedy, Martin Luther King, Jr., Barbara Jordan, Geraldine Ferraro, and Ronald Reagan
Table of Contents
- Close All
About the Author